LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2021 at 06:00 PM

Dear T,
OK, I admit I did sort of want you to tell me reasons that someone would want to be married to me, but I know that would be going down the wrong path. Your saying that there are and that I need to figure out what they are (or whatever you said) is the correct thing therapeutically to do. Besides, if I'm in a mindset where I'm feeling that badly about myself as a wife/partner, would I even believe anything you said? Maybe I should try journaling about it this weekend and if I can't come up with anything beyond "I'm a pretty good cook" (I'm guessing "good at laundry" wouldn't count...), then maybe I could enlist your help to get me there. Or at least to make changes so I can feel better about how I'm doing as a partner. Like come up with things to do.

Also, I think it's a positive sign that you gave me an opening to talk about the stuff from last session regarding you, and I didn't take it. Aside from thanking you for your email reply. That to me shows some sort of growth. To not just ask for more and more reassurance that you're OK with it. And you seemed fairly normal toward me today, not like all distant or anything. Though, I don't know, maybe your playing with that sword-like letter opener was a subconscious "stay back" (or, I suppose, something more...Freudian).

Monday feels far away though. After the last two sessions being pretty intense. But maybe it's better I have a bit of time to reflect.

Love,
LT
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty