Werewoman Is a bit, well...wered.

8 yr Member
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2021 at 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
I, for one, am not expecting him to be superhuman but to demonstrate basic human compassion towards someone (his spouse!) who is struggling with a MI. Is that too much to ask to show some respect rather than to lose it and treat you so badly? I really don't see how that is helpful.

I also don't see it as justifiable that just because someone (he) runs out of patience, it is okay to demean, shout down, abuse someone else.
This is not normal behavior. He's been supportive all along through the decades. I really wonder if he's burned out.
My cousin who is also bipolar gave me some great advice. He told me I have to own it first, then it will be easier to control. I needed a few days to think about what he meant by that, and I think it means taking 100% responsibility for your illness and how it affects others. Own the meltdowns, the sudden outbursts of anger, own it even when you don't remember what you did (happens to me a lot). I stopped blaming everything I do wrong on my illness, stopped making excuses, like throwing a hairbrush through the bedroom window and saying I was aiming for the wall. I have damaged walls, doors, and furniture in a fit of rage. I don't know if it will stop or not. Time will tell.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote