View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2021 at 08:56 AM

We need reform in many places, including hospitals. I've been inside as a patient and as a staff member. It makes me sick to think of how kids are being treated, let alone adults. The current system of mental health is Broken beyond repair. We need to advocate for better care and change the system.

I can't make the changes by myself, but I can start having conversations with the right people and advocate for every person that needs services on any level. I can discover and create programs for whole health. Treating the person as a human and helping them to set goals for themselves that excites them. One other idea is to create a single location of ideas for clinical staff that have little training to train them on ways to show compassion and care in their lives and to assist with goals from professionals.

Not enough people know what to do for mental health, let alone physical health. And when someone is different from us, we shame them, we set them aside and tell them they are broken. The current goals of psychiatric hospitals is safety, but safety starts with the staff and how the staff and professionals respond to the person seeking to calm a need inside and not know what to do and how to fullfil the need.

Thank you sarahsweets for bringing the article here!!
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets