Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2021 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
My daughter does very extensive genealogy research and ended up finding so many different old documents, photos and old papers and luckily a lot of old archives are digitized now, she also found relatives in different parts of the world that didn’t know of our existence, and we didn’t know about theirs. One relative she found and met ended up being somewhat famous. My daughter came in touch with several, including meeting some.

She belongs to genealogical societies of different kinds. In one of those societies everyone is so very elderly, no one young but her. It’s a huge hobby of her. We all enjoy seeing results of it but I can’t keep good track of it or remember how they are all linked. I don’t know how she keeps it all straight

The most fascinating part was that several distant relatives she found living in other parts of the world did not know about our existence. They thought that our family line ended in WWII. They assumed my grandparents perished in Holocaust with all their many siblings and cousins and nieces and nephews, these people had no idea that although everyone else perished, my grandparents survived and carried on and we exist and next generations will be coming up probably soon.

Fascinating stuff
Wow, that's very interesting!!!

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady