View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,406 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2021 at 09:01 PM

Yes, some researchers expect COVID19 may evolve into something less threatening that what it is now. Some say that could take "decades." For now, COVID is still scarey. Plenty of not-very-old, otherwise healthy people have died from it . . . and are in ICUs, dying, as we speak. I go to the stores for groceries, but that's it. I'm afraid to even go get my hair cut.

The stress of isolation is really getting to me. I guess I could just decide to allow myself a bit more risk taking. Fear stops me.

Maybe, by April, a lot more people will be vaccinated, and the sickness rate may go down significantly. So maybe I just can do what I'm doing for another month and then loosen up a bit.

A friend of mine, who lives alone, tells me that she has felt kind of bad that I don't let her visit me or go anywhere with her. When I shop, I ask if she needs anything. If she does, I drop it off at her door. I say hello, and I leave right away. She now understands I'm just being cautious. We chat a few times a week on the phone. I chat with close relatives on the phone. But it's not enough contact. I'm getting depressed in a listless kind of way. It's getting to where I feel this is very unhealthy. I should go walking for exercise, but I don't. It's too boring. I had gone to a gym with another friend many months ago, but I decided that was too risky. Recently it was in the news about a COVID outbreak at some gym. I feel like I'll start cracking up soon, if I don't find a meaningful way to connect with the world outside my apartment. I don't know what to do.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto