Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2021 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Boy I could write a book on this subject! (And it wouldn't be a pretty one either.) What I wish I knew is not something specific, which may be more what you had in mind.) But I wish I could somehow have understood what a train wreck I was. Perhaps I could have done something to avert all of the damage I did over the years. I don't know what it would have been I could have done. There weren't the kinds of mental health services available back then that there are today. But perhaps there might have been something. I don't know...
Good points. Mental health services were not as available as they are now. And what were available, you would have been labeled or shamed for going. It's hard to change something that you thought was normal, that everyone went through, just part of growing up. I feel that a lot of damage was done by parents that didn't know better, they were just a reflection of how they were raised. Maybe a little nicer though. I'm sure they had their own struggles that they never shared. Frustrating to find an answer. Having a better support system may have helped.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
pachyderm, RoxanneToto, Skeezyks, Travelinglady