View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Mar 07, 2021 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
If you need more therapy, there's absolutely no shame in that. The shame is on the VA for trying to one-size-fits-all mental health. Twelve sessions wouldn't even be enough for me to even trust the therapist or scratch the surface let alone be done with therapy. If you have a way to access therapy outside the VA, that's probably the way to go although not ideal. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. You deserve all the help that you need to heal, not breadcrumbs.
Thank you for your response, @NP_Complete. I have trust issues anyway, lol, so it's challenging. The VA therapists start by saying, OK tell me your traumas. Then I have to blurt out all my worst stuff to them, complete stranger that they are. Then they say, yeah, you're going to need some therapy to deal with that! Then, after 10 sessons or so, they say, OK we're getting to the end, you're good now! Then I have to say, no, I don't think I'm Good, I feel terrible, and then they say no, you're fine, this is Good enough to go on with. And then I give up and after a few weeks I talk myself out of giving up and so I have to force myself to push and push until they send me to another therapist, and then it starts again. I hate asking for things, I hate the whole process, so it's just ugly start to finish.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
Shotokan