View Single Post
Toughcooki

Member Since Jul 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Mar 07, 2021 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
No, everyone doesn't feel the same way nor are you a wuss who needs to just get on with it.

Those therapists are pretty uninformed if all one needed to do was to grow a backbone and get on with it. Their conclusions are rather laughable. This is not how life... or therapy works.

It just seems that those therapists available through the VA don't want to do long-term therapy. They're just like MDs or car mechanics: as long as the body/vehicle is on the road, who cares how well the engine runs. Very simplistic and uncaring attitude, to say the least.
@rive Thank you, I appreciate your comments. I don't think they're uninformed, I think they're just following rules. Like VA doctors aren't allowed to prescribe certain medications bc they're expensive or whatever. I think it's unethical, honestly, to tell someone they're fine bc the rules won't allow more sessions. I think they should say, 'hey, the VA doesn't allow more sessions but you would benefit from maybe group therapy, or maybe take a few months off and then restart the clock, or whatever,' lol. Anyway, I agree that it's uncaring for sure. It feels like I'm drowning and they throw me a life preserver, then take it back because they've got other stuff to do than to pull me in.
Toughcooki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rive.