Account Suspended
ShaneG has no updates.

3 yr Member
371 hugs
given
Default Mar 07, 2021 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to help View Post
Thank you for the response. This helps. We are not a couple. So couples therapy probably isn’t an option. If that changes, I would definitely suggest it. I think the trauma is too fresh for me to pursue a relationship with her right now.m, but we are very good friends and have been for months before she left and now 6 months since she has left. I do believe she is suffering from C PTSD after my research and previous experience with my sister. My sister was in a near fatal car accident and I moved across the country to help her recover from her physical injuries. Upon arrival, I realized she was in a relationship with a terrible person. I lived with her while she recovered, so I was there for all of it. From the break up, her kicking him out of the house, and all of the craziness that ensued afterwards. I saw every interaction, text, phone call, stalking behavior, etc. I think my sister having a near death experience actually helped her recover emotionally faster from this relationship. Plus she had bigger fish to fry like learning to walk again. So in a weird way, this may have helped her recover faster.
Anyways, all of this I think puts me in a unique position to help this person I care for recover from a similar but also different situation. And I do think I have helped a bit, but there have been setbacks. I just want her to be well. At times I think she welcomes my help and others I think she is embarrassed to ask for it. So I try and just let her know I am always there if needed. It breaks my heart. I want to be more open with her, but I also don’t want to scare her off. If that makes any sense.
No problem, I hope some of it helped.

Remember there are many days in the week so why settle upon just one.
ShaneG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote