Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2021 at 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
CDC made a statement that covid survival rate is 99.8%? Where did they make such statement? I have not heard it. Could you share your source?

Yes people should make their own decisions but we need to be mindful what kind of misleading information we post publicly. Many people might be gullible and this being a mental health forum some people might be quite vulnerable already, these are tough times. Someone might read that covid survival rate is 99.8%, assume that it’s true and stop using precautions.

Sure people should be responsible for using logic and don’t just believe everything but I don’t think it means we are free to post anything and everything. We should be mindful.

We are free to post our personal preferences of course. Such as “I want to get vaccinate”, “or I am not comfortable with vaccination”. It’s quite different than statement “covid has 99.8% survival rate”. This goes beyond personal preference and it’s misleading.
Wow, you are really a bully. I am aware that this is Psych Central's platform, but we are in a Senior's Lounge taking about a thread started about myself and my mother, and thoughts on the vaccine. I have not told anyone to get the vaccine or not to get the vaccine. I have stressed doing the research before you decide, if that's what you want to do.
There were some new guidelines put out just today, go look them up if you are interested.
The 99.8 survival rate has been around for a long time, it may have been adjusted since I last heard about it. But that doesn't mean it was false information then or now. As said before things with Covid stats do change regularly. COVID survival rate holding at 99.8% for adults 18-64 - The Sentinel
So I would appreciate if you and Sarahsweets would get off your high horse and contribute something positive, or not respond at all to this thread. Bullying people is not cool.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote