Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2021 at 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Wow, you are really a bully. I am aware that this is Psych Central's platform, but we are in a Senior's Lounge taking about a thread started about myself and my mother, and thoughts on the vaccine. I have not told anyone to get the vaccine or not to get the vaccine. I have stressed doing the research before you decide, if that's what you want to do.
There were some new guidelines put out just today, go look them up if you are interested.
The 99.8 survival rate has been around for a long time, it may have been adjusted since I last heard about it. But that doesn't mean it was false information then or now. As said before things with Covid stats do change regularly. COVID survival rate holding at 99.8% for adults 18-64 - The Sentinel
So I would appreciate if you and Sarahsweets would get off your high horse and contribute something positive, or not respond at all to this thread. Bullying people is not cool.
I am not a bully at all. I am sorry if it appeared so. I don’t think asking for a source of statistics that someone posted is bullying. I never told you to get off the high horse or call you names or yelled at you, that would be an example of bullying. This thread started with asking for people’s personal opinions. But when statistics was brought up (I never brought up any statistics as it’s not the place) I simply like to know where it’s coming from. Statistics is not the same as sharing personal anecdotes or feeling and beliefs.

We have to be very mindful of misinformation. I think particularly because it’s a senior lounge. So I just asked to see the source from CDC. I haven’t seen such data. I don’t believe it’s bullying to ask for sources. Statistics isn’t an opinion so we can’t just express it without a reputable source. It’s not a bullying to ask for sources

Last edited by divine1966; Mar 09, 2021 at 05:54 AM..
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
buddha1too, sarahsweets, Travelinglady