View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2021 at 08:16 AM

I felt like I was going crazy after staying at home for the past year with very little human interaction. Cabin fever combined with pandemic fatigue got to me. I signed up for an in person art class. If people can spend all day working with the public without catching it, then a three hour class probably won't kill me. I am in my 40s so not at high risk of dying but I worry about long term effects or giving it to my husband who is more at risk. Everyone in the class has a mask but people stand closer than six feet. We're not doing anything that makes us breathe heavy so hopefully it will be okay.

I also struggle with knowing where to draw the lines. Someone invited me to their house for tea and I said no, I was only meeting outdoors. Am I overcautious? I'm also cutting my own hair and have not eaten at a restaurant since last January. It is hard to imagine going out to eat ever again.

I have been wondering lately what price we have paid for all of these lock downs. Drug overdoses have skyrocketed where I live. At the same time, I am annoyed to see the state rolling back all the restrictions before everyone is vaccinated. The younger generation just seems to get shafted whichever way they turn.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Rose76