Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2021 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceKate View Post
My therapist is a behavioural and ego state therapist and apparently, we will go into ego state therapy next week. Does anyone here have any experience with that and not mind sharing?

-------update below------

There are some old threads on this on this forum as I found. Sounds interesting.
I know there was a specific point where I ripped at myself and tore a bit away, but not enough to constitute a personality in its own right (I think). At least I don't loose time, though upon rare occasions I was more watching than acting.
Not too long ago, I turned down a job (or two) because there was on the one occasion a very loud inner voice telling me "No" in various ways and on the other just a very high feeling of digust towards the job.
It's really the reason I gave myself 2 names on this forum.

Actually, my T didn't say "we will do ego state therapy", she said she would be looking for a role that protects. Her profile says she is into ego state therapy and hypnosis aside of behavioural therapy, so I think my guess is kind of obvious.
I've worked on ego state stuff with my therapist and I found it pretty helpful. It is kinda similar to internal family structure

Thanks for this!
AliceKate