View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2021 at 01:19 PM

Certainly agree with comment that we can see family differently as we get older. I am different from my mother personality wise. Thankfully!

Throughout my life, from teenage years onwards, it became obvious she favoured my brother. This has continued until recently, when she finally realised he shouldn't be occupying the pedestal she placed him on. Nothing very serious, just breaking promises to do jobs for her (his wife is a dominant person, he's just let her take over).

My relationship with my mother has been rocky. Many times I've wanted to walk away. On the brink when Covid struck. Who has formed "bubble" with her, doing her shopping, helping her with paying bills/paperwork? Yes, Me!

Often we never know why a parent chooses a favourite child or treats one differently from another. It can be jealousy or an intellectual difference which, instead of being accepted and praised, generates constant put-downs. Yes, this can happen over a short or long period. In my case, over 40 years. Now her health is failing, she's reached out to the one person whose life she's made difficult. Life is strange!
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote