View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Mar 11, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Hi black-roses,

I am sorry you have OCD and Trillomania. Do you have an IEP (individual Education Plan)? I am a teacher and every student who has a mental or physical special need, has one of those plans. It's meant to help both the teacher and the student to learn to work together. It helps the teacher teach that student and helps the student receive the support they need.

I don't know if your floristry course is at a community college or in high school?

If the IEP is not available to you, then, I would definitely send your floristry teacher an email outlining your learning challenges due to your OCD and Trillomania, and ask her to provide you with support during her course, in a way that is both realistic and productive.

I am certain once you outline your learning challenges based on your two conditions, with your floristry teacher, she will create alternative lessons for you to follow, or even alter your arrival/departure time in her course for you. If not, then no, that is not the course for you.

You need to find courses that are designed for people with your issues, and I know they exist. They are usually offered through non-profit organizations, if not available in regular education.

So, reach out to your floristry instructor first and tell her what your issues are, and ask for accommodations and see what her feedback is. Then, make your decision if this course is something you can handle. If not, go to non-profits that work with people with OCD and find out how you can achieve your goals of taking floristry courses through a non-profit that supports people with OCD.

Be smart about your path. Good luck.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro