Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2021 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
I, for one, am not expecting him to be superhuman but to demonstrate basic human compassion towards someone (his spouse!) who is struggling with a MI. Is that too much to ask to show some respect rather than to lose it and treat you so badly? I really don't see how that is helpful.

I also don't see it as justifiable that just because someone (he) runs out of patience, it is okay to demean, shout down, abuse someone else.
It is called burnout, his glass is not only filled up but NOW is overflowing & that is where the lack of patience comes from. No it is NOT OK to demean, shout down, or abuse someone else but if he has not been doing this all along in your marriage then I would be seriously thinking his limits are being pushed.

I was in that state by the time I walked out on my marriage after 30+ years. By the end I was actually seeing red any time I had to deal with him. It took time to build to that point & I had a career before the last 13 years where I could distance from all the frustrations & irritations HIS BEHAVIOR caused in my life. Never forget that our behaviors can negatively affect others as badly as theirs affects us & if it can't be resolved it only grows worse with time.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman