AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2021 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts
Being late twice to a 6 week course is nothing. Black roses is being gaslighted by her floristry instructor, most likely because the instructor has a very strong personality and black roses being late twice, triggered the instructor to overreact. I don't know. I just would drop the course and find another one. This instructor sounds like a pain in the ***.
I agree, he fcuktard and so and so forth.

Quote:
Wouldn't she be stressed out though if she stayed in this floristry course, where her instructor continues to berate her for being late or something else?
Yes, she would be stressed out. I, too, was stressed out twice in my life because I had ****** bosses. One, I stuck out, because I was still studying and this job was incremental to my schooling.
Point is, if she can take it, it might be better to go through it. At least this should be very much considered an option before dropping things just because a teacher is a fcucktard.

There are a lot of people that generally I would not get along with. In fact, I now get along with just about anyone (even if I dislike their attitude). There's just some things one has to go through.
Unless this experience brings her to the brink of breaking alltogether (and not just once), I vote try getting through it even if it's hard and it is frustrating and causes tears once or twice.

Mind you, if it causes trauma, my answer is your answer, turn around and leave.

Quote:
I guess I'm about setting limits with people. Even instructors. If they won't accommodate, and are being jerks, they need to be held accountable and if that means losing a student enrolled b/c they are assholes then so be it.
THe thing is, this will not be a lesson to instructor at all. S/he will think s/he was right about black roses and he will feel validated in his judgement and might even take it as a positive sign that black roses leaves.

Btw though, I don't think the teacher's take out of this should be considered at all. It really shouldn't influence a student's decision. Ideally, anyways.
AliceKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto