View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Cocosurviving ❄️Happy Winter Solstice! ❄️Happy Kwanzaa!

10 yr Member
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2021 at 03:43 AM

Saturday was decent. I never say my day is “great” and the term “good” makes me equally as uncomfortable. Why? I’ve had depression since I was 16 years of age. Depression is like any other chronic illness....chronically flaring up. I don’t like labeling my days as “great or good” because of the off chance I jinx myself. Yes, seriously and toxic positivity (which is gaslighting) will not change my view. I had a close friend with bipolar, asking about her day was a trigger.

Although I’m no longer in remission, my autoimmune diseases and rare diseases impact my life more than depression. I’m still cautious about labeling my days. Most of my flare ups happen after midnight. A few months ago, I was having a fun day. I was asked about my day and got caught up in the fun I had[emoji189] I said, “it’s great.”

I **** you not, that night I had a horrible Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria flare up. I actually don’t see the purpose of sales clerks who are complete strangers asking customers about our day. A simple greeting would suffice. I doubt these sales clerks wanna hear about my crappy insurance coverage and **** load of medical bills. I usually respond with, “I’m alive.”

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata

Last edited by CANDC; Dec 31, 2021 at 11:13 PM..
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3