Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 14, 2021 at 04:55 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Zoe. I don't think any of us, here on MSF, are really in a position to say to what extent you might be considered "low functioning". From my perspective at least, that's the sort of label mental health professionals and educators sometimes put on people. But I don't think it has much of any real meaning anyway.

I'm an old person... a "senior citizen" as we're sometimes referred to. I don't have difficulty with day-to-day tasks for the most part except that, at this point in my life, doing them often wears me out physically & sometimes makes me nervous to the extent I begin to lose track of what I've already done and what I need to do next. (Sometimes I end up doing the same part of a task two or three times because I forget whether or not I've done it.)

I also experience symptoms that seem similar, to me, to what is referred to as "Sundown Syndrome". So every evening, beginning around 4 or 5 o'clock, my level of generalized anxiety rises, I begin to feel dissociated, & even a bit dizzy. So... the point being, I guess, I have my challenges as well. And, at least based on the threads of yours I've read here on MSF, you certainly seem to have the ability to express yourself well in writing. So that's not "low functioning" to me.

Anyway... I'm just rambling here. I noticed no one had yet replied to your post. So I thought I would. (Please don't think ill of me.) Take care.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto