Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,929 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2021 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Having one of my dissociating panic attacks again. Have to figure out how to snap out of these
Have you tried Lamictal? It's a bipolar/anti-seizure med. It's known for helping with dissociation. Since I've been taking olanzepine, I haven't had dissociation at all this year. The summer was bad.. Really bad - But I think that the olanzepine is healing my brain.

Dissociation is the worst thing that I've ever dealt with. It feels like you're going psychotic but you're not. At least with psychosis, it feels like a dream and you don't really know that you're in it..

Think about coping mechanisms, distractions, meditation, stretching, walking, journaling, food/lots of water/relaxing tea, talking about how you're feeling/texting family members, self care, tasks.. Life....

When I was dissociated, I was non-functional. But here's a secret - The fear about it is all in the mind.. The more power you give to it, the more it tries to eat you.. You could try and think of it as a positive thing/experience and it will be kind to you.. The dissociation monster..
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird