Desoxyn
Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,928 hugs
given
Default Mar 14, 2021 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
A show I was watching yesterday had a character developing an eating disorder and I think it triggered me. I thought I was over that.
The dark side. I've watched episodes about it as well.. I won't go into detail cuz you know.. But we all love you and don't want this to happen to you or anyone else..

Most times, I think that I'm over addiction.. I mostly am. I mean, who goes into a years long drug mania and then recovers so well? There's so many people that are overdosing more than ever and the same is with eating disorders - Cuz of the pandemic. So many things like this are caused by stress.

90% of my addiction is better. I still dabble in a few soft drugs.. Basically, the baseline for us is like normal life. So don't think of it as going back into the black hole. Why? Because you've been there already. It's not like the first time. And for me, if I got rewarded chemically.. It's much worse for you because it's the opposite - Motivated by feeling bad and culture..

It's all very complicated. If I was educated on English grammar or scientific research, I'd write books, blogs, etc.. It's all trying to understand certain things and we learn from each other - Support is key..

I know that you're over it and it's tempting but the temptation doesn't last. Be resilient during those times =]
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cogladaid