Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2021 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Came across this article and it does a good job explaining behaviors of someone who has developed alcohol abuse issues. It does a good job at describing how an alcoholic thinks.

Alcoholic Thinking - Understanding the Insanity of Alcoholism: How the Alcoholic Thinks

The other thing I read this morning is when it comes to an alcoholic, they don't actually "love" normally either. Instead it's the high they feel that is important to them. They protect that high just as they do with the high they get from the alcohol or other drugs.

There are so many behaviors that are so similar to that of a narcissist. And there are times where a person is both an alcoholic and a narcissist.
This article really validated my experience with my friend/ex-employee who was an alcoholic (and who I think is still sort of a dry drunk - while she no longer drinks she takes part in these behaviors).

The thing about using "probably" or "maybe" rang true as did the entitlement.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes