Thread: Graying hair?
View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2021 at 09:30 AM

Do you have any gray hair? If so, at what age did you get your first? If your hair is totally gray, when did that happen? Is part of your body graying and another not?

I got maybe two or three gray hairs on my head as young as my 20s, but I didn't need to dye my hair until my mid-late 30s. Even now at almost 50, though I do need to dye it, I still have plenty of dark hairs. Just a little salt/pepper. A bit more pepper. I wish my leg hair went gray, but no luck there.

My husband's head has zero gray on it and he does not dye it. He was a blond in his youth, but it did get slightly darker as he aged. He's a little over 60 years old. He does have a lot of gray in his beard and on his chest.

My mom went almost completely gray on her head in her late 20s. My dad was mostly bald, but the head hair he had didn't start to gray until he was over 60. He still has some darker hairs on the bit he has and he's in his late 70s now.

A short article about why hair goes gray is at https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2017091812226
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu