View Single Post
Happy Camper

Member Since Sep 2012
102 hugs
given
Red face Mar 16, 2021 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
My feeling is that there is a minimum "depth" requirement to have full empathy and/or a moral code. If you want to imagine having neither, it's like being a creature (not human); answering only to you, with no other bonds. Your motivation for doing things need only that it's felt they're worth doing. In some ways, like a small kid that doesn't know better. but also denying full responsibility for actions.
I had wanted to post in this thread
Constructing morals without empathybut it was considered too old so a mod made my post there into a a new topic, so I'll change the subject, too.

Does anyone have an opinion on how psychopathy is not considered a diagnosis outside forensic settings? Currently I'm only aware of callous/unemotional as an additional descriptor for the DSM under anti social personality disorder. I feel psychopaths do exist separately, but progress is slow because they have to sort through a population that has a lot of functional members (many psychopaths not strictly disordered). Unfortunately, the message we seem to get is as though only ASPD exist.

Last edited by Happy Camper; Mar 16, 2021 at 04:29 PM..
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, Yaowen