LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2021 at 01:21 PM

Dear T,
A couple years ago, I imagine I'd have reacted to that "people I care about" comment very differently. You also wouldn't have realized what you said, how it came out wrong, and corrected it a few seconds later (especially without my saying anything). I'd have emailed you about it, possibly asked for an extra session. You would likely have been confused as to why it bothered me. And that would have maybe led to a rupture. Our relationship has come a long way, and we've both contributed to that, with a lot of work on either side.

I think another reason that your comment didn't bother me so much is that it's obvious that you care about me. Even if you don't say the words. You show it through your actions and also what feels like dedication. It takes a lot more effort to be there for me, to do your best to meet my needs (within your boundaries) than to say a few words.

Love,

LT

PS: This comment does not guarantee that I won't suddenly start thinking about it more tonight and potentially email you...But even if I did, the email would be very different from what I said a couple years ago. Actually, I guess the whole "I care about you" thing is what led to the one time I've called you (breaking your rule) and left a sobbing message on your voicemail. And then you ultimately charged me for the emails/texts that resulted from that. I think you'd have handled it differently now.

Hugs from:
Lostislost, Mystical_Being, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty