Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2021 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
@hvert - That is exactly what I want to know and have not been able to find an answer. I could understand why they could prefer to vaccinate people that haven't been vaccinated at all over those that supposedly have some protection once we start to get more vaccines, so it seems possible. We are a relatively small country with a centralized government. They take down your information when you go for a vaccine and enter it into a database, so they would know if I had been vaccinated previously.

Another expat I know here who is pretty skeptical of the vaccine being given here told me he actually did get his yesterday. However he and his wife live on a plot of land with several houses where extended family lives. His mother in law who lives next door is elderly, diabetic and on dialysis. She was able to get her first dose of Pfizer at her dialysis center, but they want everyone to at least have some protection as soon as possible, because she is such high risk and there is still some risk even once she is fully vaccinated. However, in my case I don't have close contact with any at-risk people. I work from home and order many things online. I've been taking precautions all this time and would still have to do so even if I got the vaccine, precisely because it's not very effective. If it comes down to waiting a few months more to get a "real" vaccine, I just might.

I want to be able to take a trip to Portugal that I had to cancel, in the mid-term. I was reading today that the EU is preparing a vaccine passport system and they will NOT accept the vaccine being used here as a valid vaccine. So, I need a better option for that too.
I hope they accept what we got here as I hope I am traveling to Europe in August. We are screwed otherwise.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76