View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Mar 18, 2021 at 07:11 AM

I am very frustrated with my boss lately. What hurts me the most is that I am a very contentious person... and so I think i will be rewarded for that, but somehow, I never am and I don't understand.

I used to have a male and somewhat abusive boss. I wanted a female for the next one, but I got another male. He was told to be the nicest in the world but... from where I am sitting it makes no difference.

before our meetings he used to prepare. My job was to prepare the meeting. Now, 1 minute before the meeting starts he will be lobbing questions at me. The problem.. I am already IN the meeting preparing it for him. He must know this... he simply doesn't care. To check these things, he simply has to pull up a "cheat sheet" i have prepared for him... (why do I bother with that if he isn't going read it) instead, he e-mails me... . It makes me feel like he has decided I am his "minion" that should be doing this for him... like a lower human being... like a handmaiden.

he is doing this now with regard to things I send him. I used to send him memos and, he is supposed to read them and tell me what he wants to do, now, he asks me what they are all bout. It is specifically NOT part of my job to read them. No only because I don't always understand but I don't have the time allotted to read them. Plus what if I make a mistake? I can't get over the laziness. Again it makes me feel like he refuses to do any work and presumes I am a lower form of life that should be summarizing these thing for him. And if he isn't going to be reading it and relying on me... I could skip like 4 steps. He is also doing things like, I send him memos when they come in and then 4 weeks later when he is supposed to look at them.. asking me to resend.

We do this thing called duty. I am very specifically only to be contacted during working hours. If something comes up past that time, they are to call him directly. We send out a memo and everything. And I always have him poof it before it goes out. This weekend I get a text from him, as if it was working hours. I gently tried to make him remember I don't work on the weekends.. but he kept pushing. I finally told him that I would complete this duty but no more. He of course lied and acted as if this had never come up before (I have only worked for him for 7 years) but then, I was waiting around for him to complete the issue (as I told him I could complete this thing) and he completed it without telling me. Wasting hours on a weekend.

Finally our duty has been triple the work lately. I have mentioned it is hard to keep up with. He asked me to get statistics on it.. which I did, which was again, more work, but once I got the stats he goes "wow" I can't believe the work I am getting. This straight up infuriated me. First, this would of course be a good time to say, wow, I can't believe the work we are getting thank you all that you are doing on this... but no..

sometimes we have unexpected events that we must fit in... lately he has been so annoying about it... picking times that he should know, simply will not work for every one.. so I set up a meeting at the time, and at the last minute they are not ready so I have to do it all again.

It is possible he is in the running for a promotion in the next few months, but I am very annoyed. And I am not sure what to do if anything. Is he acting like this because he thinks he is getting the promotion?

Assuming that isn't happening how do I nicely complain. I am bad at push back. What really bothers me most is that it feels like abuse. Like he has decided (like my old boss) that I am the ONE person that doesn't have to be respected or considered and so he is no longer doing that. I am afraid to say what i feel but I am too old not to nip this in the bud right now.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966, RoxanneToto