View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,783 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Mar 18, 2021 at 01:33 PM

My session went well. I was nervous so I may have been coming off as a bit standoffish. Old T did actually email her. So now I’m waiting on a disclosure from new T so they can talk. But basically today we just talked about my move. We talked about the procedure on my chest. I told her about my weighted blankets and she asked if I had any other sensory coping skills and I said yeah but they are weird ones. She gave me this look I often get from people. I don’t know how to explain it but it’s kinda like a “what can possibly be so bad about it?” I told her I’d tell her but I wasn’t comfortable yet. She thinks my autism is a big part of what’s going on in my life. She has worked with people with autism and other developmental delays so I trust her I just didn’t know it was such a big deal until I was told by a therapist in 2018 that it was best for me to work with someone who specialized in autism. But she was talking about the stuff she can do for me when I move, the resources she can find me. I mentioned this site and that it’s very difficult for me to talk to people verbally and most of the time I just end up ignoring people when they talk to me but that I am fine talking online. She gave me a tour of her office. She says she is really looking forward to meeting with me in person. I told her the video sessions had been super hard for me and were a big part of things. But yeah today was good.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty