View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2021 at 01:56 PM

I hinted at it today but didn’t tell her. I told her I had stuff to discuss with her later. I started off talking about my weighted blankets and how helpful they are. and I said I had a lot of sensory issues and she said “yeah I was going to ask that and ask what your coping skills are” I said I have coping skills but they are weird and I wasn’t comfortable telling her yet. She looked kinda confused/amused and said something along the lines of if a coping skill is not hurtful it’s fine. she asked me if she could ask my old therapist through email. I said “yeah.” So I don’t know what’s going to come out of it. Based on today and her knowledge of autism I don’t think she’s going to have an issue with the things I use just for sensory relief. But I don’t feel like full out telling her about other stuff right now.

Oh yeah now I remember. She was asking me why I was doing the session in a closet and I explained that it was a sensory thing and she asked me if I liked that closed in feeling and I said yeah and then she asked me what other coping skills I used.

Last edited by Mountaindewed; Mar 18, 2021 at 02:08 PM..
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Quietmind 2, RoxanneToto