View Single Post
buddha1too
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2011
2,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2021 at 09:21 PM

Holy cow! The thought of moving at this point is quite anxiety provoking for me. We've been living in our current house for 20 years now. My partner has been talking about moving in the not too distant future. Having read about your & Soupe's experiences with moving, I dread the thought of a move even more!

In addition, my aunt just passed away in January, & we had to get her whole house cleared out so we could get it on the market (she'd lived there over 50 years). I came to the realization that if there is space, you will fill it. Our basement is packed with stuff we haven't touched in a decade, but won't throw out because it's "still good." I feel for you, wildflowerchild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerchild25 View Post
I feel these days like I never had bipolar in the first place. I definitely have depressive episodes, hell I just got out of one, but I haven’t had even a hypomanic episode that lasted more than a day or two since 2018. I dunno. However I also came to the realization that I was never as “high functioning” as I believed I was. It’s just I ignore everything until I completely break down. That’s my pattern - ignore the signs and wait until it’s so bad someone forces me inpatient.
I could have written this. Recently I was lamenting the absence of hypomanic episodes, but someone (I think it was Soupe) wrote that we shouldn't romanticize hypomania too much. That's good advice for me, since I would occasionally run myself off the rails when I thought I was cruising along nicely. Hypomania is a nice high but, as my mother used to say, "It's a lot of fun until someone loses an eye!"

Quote:
Everything is just so complicated, I guess it’s better not to think about it.
Life is complicated, & will remain so. Like you, I try not to focus too much on BD. My thoughts are generally better spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the insightful post, wildflowerchild. I got a lot out of it.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Innerzone, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Soupe du jour, wildflowerchild25