View Single Post
AliceKate
Grand Member

AliceKate has an update

3 yr Member
2,208 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2021 at 05:03 PM

I understand your fear of schizophrenia, I have that fear too. I have visual hallucinations once or twice a year (which I understand is uncommon for schizophrenia) and when I drink (even if it's just a bit), I sometimes/rarely loose time, though I generally regain it after a few days, as far as I know. As such, I also understand your ponderings about DID.
I have a therapist now, I've had her for the past 7 weeks. These things only came up at the beginning and I never mentioned the specific diagnosis. I figure it's just a box and if she can help me it doen't matter what I have.
I tend to think that maybe a specific diagnosis will not help me. My uncle is diagnosed with schizophrenia and he has been institutionalized since childhood, so far as I know. I sometimes think getting that diagnosis would make me weaker, less eager to fight for my independence.

That being said, you have clearly been searching for answers for longer than I have and I certainly hope your new T will be able to give you the answers you seek. Keep us posted and good luck
AliceKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alatea

Thanks for this!
Alatea