View Single Post
isotrope010

Member Since Jan 2019
7 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2021 at 06:10 AM

'My foster parents fought all the time about my mom's menstral cycle.. A woman's menstral health is probably the number one cause of domestic violence. My foster father never got physically abusive but they had problems respectfully communicating sensitive issues and life became more difficult for her. It was obvious she wasn't completly well or emotionally supported- Life was constantly stressing her out and making her feel fearful. Her body could not naturally do what it needed to do. She always told me to eat when I am hungry. But she was too depressed to. She would be upset, then called hysterical. He didn't understand all of these outside factors were causing her emotional harm. It is a natural thing she needed to deal with and he could have been more supportive of her. She almost let go completely of everything. I was worried about her. Then, around the time of our last move, she thought she got menopause for good. My foster dad was forced to give her space and let her heal herself in her own time. Now she exercises all the time and won't talk to anyone because she still feels fearful. We encourage a relaxed environment but keep to ourselves and keep ourselves busy. We are less concerned with what she is doing and give her space. My foster dad supports her more because he loves her.'
isotrope010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, RoxanneToto, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro