Thread: Am I alone?
View Single Post
mmbattlestar

Member Since Mar 2021
Default Mar 24, 2021 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post
@mmbattlestar welcome to MSF My Support Forums. I am sorry that you have symptoms that disrupt your life and seemingly do not respond to meds on a regular basis.

I am not an expert so do not take my response as advice, but a friend has med resistant challenges and has responded well to ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy). They have tried most of the meds, and they do help, but getting back to their normal takes ECT. It may be something that may be worth discussing with your doctors.

For more on ECT here are some articles that may be of use to you:

You are not alone although it can feel that way when things are out of control. Hope you get the support you need to live the life you want to live.
@CANDC

Hello guys. I'm feeling a little better than I was yesterday I had some friends talk to me from another message board.

Hospitals have not tried that on me before. Theyve mostly tried dialectical behavioral therapy and grounding techniques. I dont know the entire story because I don't remember most of my Stay in that hospital but I didn't respond well to those so they gave me Ativan and sleeping pills (Seroquel I think?) at night and that helped calm me down and I slept for most of my Stay and got better. I've heard of it but never brought it up. I can bring that up to my psychiatrist too and see what he says.
mmbattlestar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ShaneG

Thanks for this!
ShaneG