Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2021 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
I always have an internal monologue. Constant 24/7 never stops for a second. Some people don't have this.

The voices I've heard in psychosis came from sources around the room or in other rooms and I could hear them like there was someone really talking. They're usually people that I've never heard - Just made up by my mind.

Inner voices were sourced in my head and would sometimes come with a mini-seizure (This was before I was on medication) probably cuz I was in so much stress.

Hypnagogic/hypnopompic voices I used to hear a lot.. They happened before falling asleep or after waking up. They'd come with visual hallucinations sometimes as well.

I've had auditory hallucinations while overdosing on a psychedelic that isn't known to cause them during the trip.

Dissociative voices I wonder are what some people with schizophrenia could be describing - They're like an internal monologue but with voices of people that I've met before - And I don't hear them but it feels like I hear them.

Also I've heard voices from my fan - "If you hear music or singing, it may be vague or clear. If you hear voices, typically they sound vague—like a TV playing in another room. ... However, your brain modifies this fan noise so you perceive it as music. This happens because your brain is a pattern recognition machine."
That’s interesting because the inner voices sound a lot like the dissociative voices you describe.

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn