View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2021 at 07:50 PM

Recently a friend recommended a massage therapist she says is good. I trusted her, so I went to see him. The first time I met him, he didn't even introduce himself at first after I said I'm so and so here for my appointment. He just stared at me. I don't look weird. Even if I did, that's still rude, especially for a professional.

Then maybe another red flag occurred. He put a lot of painful pressure on me and when I asked him if it's normal for it to be that painful, he said yes and there's no other way around it as that area is sensitive.

I made a note to google that and it's true. My friend said it hurt her too. However, he did tell me that he's not like the people who do massages at spas as he knows the human body and where to put pressure. He never once asked me if the pressure was to much or if it hurt. I was almost always asked that in the past.

Except for the people who didn't speak much English usually. He knows a lot about his profession it seems like, but he could be to full of himself it seems like. What does everyone else here think?

He also had the nerve to tell me during the last session that my skin felt clammy. Wtf? This guy is 42 and not fresh out of school! I doubt he's never felt a slightly damp body before. Especially when it's hot outside!

Was he trying to insult me so I wouldn't come back? Maybe he has enough clients already. He books fast. I'm still in pain. I thought it'd take time to heal, but maybe eh's not as good as he says he is.

I'd appreciate any advice or insight into anything that I wrote.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, downandlonely, mote.of.soul, RoxanneToto, seeker33, Taylor27