View Single Post
Juggler

Member Since Mar 2021
Default Mar 29, 2021 at 12:41 AM

OK, since I haven't been here yet, I guess I need to spell out some goals...

1. Finish billing that I'm behind doing. I've been doing the strategy of working on it a bit at a time. Now, I just need to do some final edits and make sure everything is perfect before I send it off by email. Except that I'm almost a year behind. Well, they have probably appreciated holding onto the $$

2. Send off $$ (that I haven't yet gotten payed for) in the billing I have been "forgetting" to do. I have a remote "job" that I split with another artist who needs to get his share of it. I have already gotten a money order for him after figuring out his share. So I only need the envelope and to get a stamp on it. Tricky because I'm visiting a friend who doesn't have envelopes, etc. But I have stamps! Probably I can just buy some envelopes for my friend's house.

3. Spray seal my new, clean seat covers for my car that are going to replace the torn, funky ones. (Eventually install them when dry before next Tuesday.)

4. Figure out how to clear the plants that have overgrown next to my old car that my friend who got cancer stopped working on 20 months ago. These are HUGE bromeliads that are maybe, five feet tall. I need at least three feet of access to the passenger side of the car. Eventually, crawl under the car and determine where I am in the repair process. I've decided I'm going to put this car back together myself. Screw trying to find another mechanic who is only going to overcharge me. My old friend who is still sick says it's about four hours of work - for me...after finding and figuring out the parts - once I figure out what to do.

5. Look at more YouTube videos about how to put it together myself. Study. Take notes. Once the

6. Get my juggling clubs out of the back of my friend's truck where they got wet in an unexpected rain storm - put them somewhere to dry out before they mold. (Juggling is my new baby stepper "exercise".)

7. Call the old guy (92) who first taught me something about mechanics and tell him how wonderful it has been for me my entire life to have learned something about how to fix a breakdown on the road. If I can re-build a carb, I can put together a half-way finished clutch job, right? (Especially since the hard part of sewing the engine to the tranny is already done.)

OK....as if that's not enough... I'm sure now that I've made this list - I will do something entirely that is not on the list.
Juggler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote