View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Hi Biba_yu it sounds like you are in a very difficult position. It is good that you care very much for this female close family member but it is also good that you have a boundary that you are not going to give up your savings just because they ask you to. You should not have to do that. If she harms herself or threatens suicide, that is up to her. That is not your responsibility. It sounds like she does not want to take responsibility for herself and just wants to be taken care of but if she is old enough to be married, I assume she is an adult and old enough to take care of herself, unless she has physical or mental disabilities that preclude her from being able to take full care of herself.

My advice is to not give her the money. You need to have some savings and that is your right. If she threatens suicide or hurts herself that is her responsibility and her response. Of course it is sad and I hope she will get some help via some things you mentioned. I am sorry that there is not very many doctors available because it sounds like she could use a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Stay strong my friend. HUGS Kit

Thanks for this!
Biba_yu, RoxanneToto