View Single Post
cygne

Member Since Sep 2019
66 hugs
given
Default Mar 31, 2021 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann yeltrab View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying you don't like small talk? Also, when you say you get ghosted, is that online on chat sites? I know I can't figure out how to maneuver this site, so I talk once and can't find the same person again.
I don't like small talk either among a whole lot of things that are different about me. Then my therapist after five months of therapy insisted I'm on the autism spectrum. I don't know if she is right, but it sure explained most of my interactions with others.
Small talk is definitely not something I'd like to do with someone close, like a friend, let's say. It's also real hard to refer to anyone as a friend, for the matter. I'm perfectly aware as to why people engage in small talk in social circles, but it doesn't change the fact that society as a whole is prefabricated. It's a mess.
Also, it's fine, don't worry. People come and go on this website too, so it is what it is. Make use of it and take whatever you need from it.
And regarding ghosting, yes. I meant both in real life and online.