View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,105 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2021 at 11:19 PM

I spend most of my time on Daily Check Ins and I have talked about my job situation on there quite a bit lately. I just thought that I should post a new thread in the Work & Careers forum this time.

There had been so much ups and downs emotionally about what's going to happen at work. Lots of times there had been some talk that all of us working at the site will have to leave in a few months. And now today, I went to one guy at work and he told me that he heard that I am going to stay on because, even though others are leaving, some are going to stay including me. I had planned on leaving all along and then retire, either for just a little while or for good. Now I'm confused.

Lately, I have not been happy at where I work. So I was looking forward to the exit. But now that one guy told me that I'm going to stay and as others leave, new people will come in. I feel like I have very mixed feelings about this. For now I have not been happy because it's been very slow. But now it's going to pick up, which it seems like that's good news. But there are some conditions right now going for me that I would like to see change. I have wanted to have some changes as of now, but been denied. Maybe there will be a chance that the conditions can change for me since it's going to pick up but I don't know.

The biggest change I want to see is how the mail is delivered at where I work. It doesn't come to me directly, it first goes to the front lobby where the security guards are. I am not in favor of it because they paw through the mail and also some days the mail doesn't get delivered because they are not at the lobby when the mailman comes. I had made an appeal about it, but no dice.

I am thinking of speaking to the Facility Manager at my place about all of this. I wanted to before but didn't because I figured that it's going to be over and I didn't want to bother him. I feel like if I don't get my way in this, then I would want to leave. First of all, I had wanted to leave the area where I live at all along for quite a while and had another place where I'd like to live in my mind. I kind of feel like I may be making a big deal about a trivial thing when it comes to the mail, but it really means a lot to me. So I'll see what's going to happen. I hope that I don't make a decision that I will regret later on.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, RoxanneToto, TunedOut