Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2021 at 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post

Lately, I have not been happy at where I work.....

The biggest change I want to see is how the mail is delivered at where I work. It doesn't come to me directly, it first goes to the front lobby where the security guards are. I am not in favor of it because they paw through the mail and also some days the mail doesn't get delivered because they are not at the lobby when the mailman comes. I had made an appeal about it, but no dice.

I am thinking of speaking to the Facility Manager at my place about all of this. I wanted to before but didn't because I figured that it's going to be over and I didn't want to bother him. I feel like if I don't get my way in this, then I would want to leave. First of all, I had wanted to leave the area where I live at all along for quite a while and had another place where I'd like to live in my mind. I kind of feel like I may be making a big deal about a trivial thing when it comes to the mail, but it really means a lot to me. So I'll see what's going to happen. I hope that I don't make a decision that I will regret later on.
One of the hardest things about work is all the changes--especially knowing that change is coming but not knowing how it will effect you. And many corporations today lay people off constantly. Yes it is so much better when we can know up front that we will be effected rather than sit there wondering--will it be me? Then there are companies and organizations where a new CEO, superintendent, etc come in and make what seem like unnecessary changes that cause a lot of paperwork but don't seem to create much value for the customer/student/etc.

IMO that you want the mail to be delivered more efficiently shows you care--good employees care, but also have to be careful to keep a bit of distance emotionally. I have had trouble with this at times in certain places I have worked. I think it happened because of my anxiety disorder. Given that your suggestion about the mail seems helpful to the company, it seems like a good idea to talk to the Facility Manager. Perhaps they might even agree with you! If not then, it is just not meant to be and after expressing your POV, try to not to think about the company's mail policies or think of it as any problems the mail causes are not your fault--it is on them! Also, since you are not happy with your job, it would be a good idea to look for another. IMO, it can be good to periodically look at what jobs are out there. IMO, perhaps all this stimulus money might create some additional job opportunities for some people.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
will19