TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2021 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
As others have asked, why did the two of you marry? The behaviors you describe are abusive. Please be safe. By breaking things and throwing the controller at the puppy he's already shown he can be violent.
While I totally agree with Lizardlady that many of the behaviors you describe are abusive, I also think when we are treated like this it is a good time for self reflection and education. Was breaking and throwing things unusual and is he willing to discuss the cause/apologize? If he denies what happened or blames you for breaking or throwing things -- this would be a very, very huge red flag. I have done things that have hurt my husband and he has hurt me as well. We still have good and bad days but I am more aware of the situation and am able to handle it much better. It is hard to put into words in a post all of the dynamics of a relationship. Though it is a tragedy when people are trapped in abusive situations, we can also learn from them (so that we learn how to protect ourselves) and hopefully can walk away if it is appropriate. My husband also says I talk too much. Sometimes I do and I try to be more mindful of it. I think he has a hard time processing it sometimes. Sometimes he does listen to me but there are also some days where I feel like he is not a good listener. We all have good and bad days but it is important to evaluate if a person's bad behaviors are unacceptable and will never change. It can take time to evaluate the cause of bad behaviors too. So I I think all of the replies are useful but it takes time and self reflection to figure it out. Please stay safe though like Lizardlady said. I hope things get better for you!!!!

Last edited by TunedOut; Apr 01, 2021 at 06:21 AM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote