View Single Post
Michael2Wolves
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2018
247 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2021 at 08:03 AM

For me, reading philosophy is akin to reading Stephen King for others, I think. Watching A Waking Life was an exercise in madness...the worst part? I perceived the Pattern long before seeing this movie.

What does a rando actor in the middle of the movie you see only in this scene say?

"As the Pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough."

One of the things mentioned as well is that Philip K. D ick once wrote some things into a novel which he thought were fiction, and they turned out to be true. He theorized that time is an illusion and he had had somehow seen through it; thus, we are all existing in the past, and the illusion is meant to distract us because God is imminent.

...yeah, that movie for me was like the moment Alice decided to step through the mirror, and life since continues to grow more and more surreal. So, I guess being bored focuses in on the futility of it all. I see connections, no matter how tenuous and lengthy the chain, as chains of probabilities, and the future is nothing but probabilities at the quantum, zero-spacetime nodes that constitutes the "froth" described by Planck and Heisenberg.
Michael2Wolves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote