View Single Post
thekingof8

Member Since Aug 2014
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way
9 hugs
given
Default Apr 02, 2021 at 07:01 PM

A lot of things have changed over my life, both good and bad. I just have a hard time dealing with and accepting it. It just seems like overnight, everything is different. For one thing, my oldest niece is now 13 years old! I still remember her being small and chasing her around. And then there are the people I have lost and lost touch with. Sometimes I look at old pictures from my restaurant days and see all the faces and fun times and I start feeling sad. Everybody seems to have moved on. I guess I just miss the days of being young. I also think about going to my Nana's as a kid and having her and my two Great Aunts around. I also miss my cat that I had to put down about 3 years ago. He was over-weight for the latter part of his life and actually became diabetic and it was too late to save him. I felt like I failed him. I am having trouble moving past everything. Change is something I have trouble dealing with and I don't know how to accept it or cope with it. I just wish I could go back to the way things were.

I have been feeling lonely and isolated too, with this GD pandemic playing a part. I only leave my place for work and groceries. I know there are various hotlines I can call or text, but it isn't the same.

I know I'm not the only one struggling with all of this, but it doesn't make it any easier.
thekingof8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Discombobulated, mote.of.soul, Yaowen