View Single Post
FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Apr 05, 2021 at 04:17 AM

Thanks all, I've had only three unilateral treatments so far and I already feel better than I did on Seroquel, which was the most effective drug for me. This is the first time in over a year that I've had moments when I felt anything like normal, and I had forgotten what it was like. A few days after each ECT treatment, the effect starts to wear off a bit and the depressed feelings start to come back, no matter how much I try to prevent it. The contrast underscores how bad it was, and I think it also goes to show that I can't consciously control this depression or force myself to "snap out of it." Still, I feel better than I have in a long time, and if all goes well the effects from the ECT should linger a little longer each time, until hopefully I get well enough to make the transition to maintenance treatment and start living my life again.

So far I haven't noticed any important memories missing yet, the only thing is I feel a little fuzzy now and then (but no more so than I did due to the depression) and sometimes I get these deja vu feelings, but I'm not sure whether those are real or I'm just imagining them because I'm afraid to forget things.
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*