Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.9k hugs
given
Default Apr 05, 2021 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ9A View Post
Today, I had to go to the library to pick up some holds. On my way in, a guy was coming out of the library. As has become my custom I tried to get out of the way, to maintain distance. We both had masks on, so I shouldn't really have needed to do that, but it's my habit and this is one of my first trips back "into the wild." He started shaking his head, like I was some sort of weirdo. I felt a combination of embarrassment and intense anger. While I understand the implications of the various recommendations and mask wearing and whatnot, this has just become my way of dealing with people who are too close to me. Mostly, because I seem to be one of the few who understands social distance. I'm not phobic about it, it's just automatic now. I'm better and calmer now, but wow, did I want to go off. I don't know that I'll be getting anything more from the library for a very long while though. Electronic offerings are plentiful.
To me his reaction was plain rude and disrespectful. Keeping distance is as much respect as anything.

I can understand you feeling angry, he was rude to you and there was no need. Hope you'll not be put off getting out and about because of this oaf.

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro