View Single Post
ReveuseTroublee

Member Since Jan 2021
86 hugs
given
Default Apr 06, 2021 at 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I don’t really like it. People who say it to women who have had miscarriages or the other loss of someone can go suck it. But sometimes the saying does work out. We put an offer into the first house we saw. We didn’t get the house but we ended up getting a great even better house.

I think it’s a tough line to cross though.
You can say that in silence to yourself but towards other people - like in these examples I find it offensive and hurtful.
It sounds like you were not supposed to be a mother (yet) and that can be very hurtful, especially when something that is tied to so many emotions I am against using this phrase. It leaves a lot of room for interpretation and use, can be used as a cover-up for other hurtful things you would like to say or be used not to connect to it at all.
Other than that it can also be used for instead of 'everything has a meaning' - which you of course would be more careful to use.
To me, whenever I used this phrase to comfort myself it was because something went wrong and I wanted to tell myself maybe it is not supposed to be - more as a cover up for I don't deserve it and things are not going to change and it happened again... Basically when saying goodbye to things that are meaningful to me. That statement never helped me and I doubt it ever truly helped anyone.
Because it is trying to give you the feeling you just have to move on, your emotions aren't allowed or unnecessary.
ReveuseTroublee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, mote.of.soul