View Single Post
Amandae8787

Member Since Jan 2020
45 hugs
given
Default Apr 06, 2021 at 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostislost View Post
I’m not a therapist or anything, but as your therapist brought up the emotional neglect, maybe your T could already see you were affected by it? So I wouldn’t think it means you are too much for them to handle now. Therapists are used to helping people with all different kinds of neglect, they want to help you get better. I can see how it would be scary to not know how long you get with your T, but if it’s through work can you just say you are really finding it helpful...maybe they can keep giving you sessions?

You seem to have realised so much about yourself in such a short time with your T. I think that’s great! Lots of people go years without realising anything. Is it possible to make the most of this time you have with your T, to really open up to them (in the way you couldn’t with your mother)...it could be such a positive experience for you, even if it is short term.

Thank you. I’ve been in therapy before and I guess I already knew deep down that everything was about my mom. But I couldn’t exactly see in what way and now I do.

My boss is very understanding and she knows that I need therapy and she wants to help me. So I don’t think she’ll limit the sessions anytime soon, but I’m still afraid of trusting my T. It’s so scary and it makes me feel so vunerable. And how can I allow myself to feel all those feelings that I’ve hidden for so long? I don’t even know how to feel stuff anymore.

But finally I understand the void inside of me that no one has been able to explain.
Amandae8787 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Lostislost, Quietmind 2