View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2021 at 10:32 AM

Well, I guess my agonizing over the vaccine can be put off for a bit. The vaccine locations are running out of stock. It's being reported that they had to stop vaccinations in some areas completely. My municipality announced they are only doing second doses for the moment, so who knows when I will be eligible anyways. Of course people are crowding in at these places, yelling at staff. It looks like a perfect COVID transmission situation. Most footage is of more "rough" areas of Santiago, I guess you could say. Maybe things are a bit calmer out here. But, it just put me off the whole idea of going even more. It will be vigilant with self care and keeping an eye on the vaccine deliveries for the time being.

Yesterday the Health Minister said there were no problems with stock. Now people in the areas with no stock are being told to try and find a place outside of their community to get it. That's just going to cause more controversy, and then you have the issue of more people on public transportation to do so.

@Discombobulated - I was reading the US should be able to start exporting vaccines in May. We have contracts with Pfizer for about 10 million and only about 500,000 have arrived. That's my biggest hope. Maybe in late May or early June. There is speculation that by July there might be enough stock to be able to go to a private clinic and purchase what you want. I haven't heard the latest information on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine negotiations. There's an order for I think 5 million AstraZeneca vaccines, but with what's going on in Europe, who knows what will happen with those. There's an order for 1.8 million of CanSino, but as is the case with Sinovac, there are no phase three studies so I don't have much trust in it. It was approved for emergency use, but they've shown they will approve anything here.

Last edited by rechu; Apr 06, 2021 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: typo

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated