View Single Post
indigo1015
Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2010
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2021 at 04:01 PM

Has anyone on here tried IF? I've been doing a lot of research on it and the different types of plans you can try. I've read mixed views on doing IF if you have an eating disorder-- some say it's not advised because you have to track calories constantly and therefore it could increase obsession over the good versus bad food mentality. Others say it doesn't negatively affect eating disorder treatment. Either way, from the looks of it, I can see some real benefits for me from trying IF, many not even related to weight loss. I'd buy a lot less food and therefore save money, I'd be way more mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth (cliche at this point, but still worth noting), and it looks as though it could help with my energy level (these days I feel very tired and foggy). There are several different IF plans, but I'm going to try the 5:2 diet because that looks like it will be the most convenient one for my lifestyle-- 5 days with a normal, healthy caloric intake, and 2 days at much less. We'll see how it goes. I'm also going to restart swimming, because regardless of whether or not I lose weight, I really should do something and I honestly miss swimming. A LOT. It's also going to be way easier on my joints and feet, which have been hurting a ton lately, and now the local swim center accepts reservations for the lap lanes, so YAY!!! If anyone here has tried Intermittent Fasting, I'd be curious to hear your experiences, advice on what worked versus what didn't, pointers, etc. And I apologize if any of this is triggering to anyone.

Last edited by FooZe; Apr 10, 2021 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Administrative edit to remove specific numbers
indigo1015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462