Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2021 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardooney View Post
Thank you. Definitely a big part of my burn out is due to client’s problems that I deal with. I hear so many people cry in emotional pain, constantly it feels, or hear their fits of anger and disappointment. situations that trigger me. I had several difficult conversations in a row at work when I started this post, and then several strange frightening situations going from work to my car in the same week (run ins with addicts, and people in crisis). I hid from one guy, another guy ran after me. 4 run ins total just in the one minute it takes to walk to my car.

At work, I had an extended conversation with someone in what seemed like psychosis, or bi polar type meltdown and then a few days later they critically injured themselves, I found out. I’m not trained for that type of thing, it’s not the direct nature of my job. my husband has bipolar, and went through scary times not so long ago..so yeah very triggering. I literally shook hearing that the person was injured, and I had to sit on my husband’s lap like a baby during lunch that day, while he gave me a hug.

There’s just a lot. I am empathetic, so it’s not easy for me. I blame myself a lot, so the way I am, and the way things are, cause me to feel badly a lot.

I really do need a therapist. I also don’t understand what my big deal is though. I feel like I’m perceiving a problem that isn’t there? I don’t know what that means.
Regarding "perceiving a problem that isnt there", may I suggest going back to your training manuals, training notes or talk with your supervisor. they will be able to help you lighten your caseload so that you dont have clients chasing you down in parking lots and such. its pretty standard for parking areas to have motion detecting cameras. so your supervisor can also use the camera footage and report the dangerous situaitons you posted so that they can get security footage from other companies around where what you posted happened.

your supervisors can also up the security in general so that others dont have to go through what you posted.

my suggestion contact your supervisor and your treatment providers, they can help you with all that needs to be done to ensure your safety and mental wellbeing while treating those addicts and people in crisis that you posted above about.

Last edited by bluekoi; Apr 07, 2021 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: To bring within community guidelines.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3